The Daddy/Daughter dance is a wonderful opportunity for Dad to spend quality time with his daughter. Together they will learn a dance that they will perform during Kick’s May 22nd concert. You can choose to be in the Rumson or the Fair Haven shows. Dancers must be three years of age by January 1st in order to participate. New this year we are adding a Mother Son dance for our boys to have this same fun opportunity with their moms!
For the recital, dancers will need a white dress and the dads will need a dark suit. Since we know it can be frustrating locating a white dress we will have some options available for you to order should you need to. Communion, flower girl, or Confirmation dresses are perfect. Attire for Mother Son is TBD. Please read the following information very carefully before committing to the Daddy/Daughter Dance or the Mother Son dance.
The non-refundable fee to participate is $135 (includes all rehearsals) This fee is non-refundable, so moms, make sure the dad actually knows about the dance, rehearsal dates and times and is fully committed before signing up.
- Dancers must be three years of age by January 1, 2016 in order to participate in this year’s Daddy/Daughter dance or Mother Son dance. Dancers will be grouped into the following age groups 3-4 year olds, 5-7 year olds, and 8 and up.
- The Daddy/Daughter dance is great fun but it also involves lifting your daughter over your head, challenging choreography and several hours of rehearsals. If you have back problems or other physical conditions that prohibit you from lifting the weight of your daughter over your head, please contact us before you sign up for the Daddy/Daughter dance. Same goes for the Mommy/ Son routine, but no lifts!
- There are five required rehearsals on the following dates. Sunday May 8th, Sunday May 15th, Wednesday May 11th (around 7PM subject to change as this rehearsal is at Count Basie) and Saturday May 21st. Rehearsals will be 9-10:15AM for Rumson, and 10:15-11:30AM Fair Haven
- The rehearsal schedule is subject to change. We try our hardest not to change the rehearsal schedule, but this is “showbiz” and circumstances beyond our control frequently cause schedule changes.
- We will communicate with Daddy/Daughter Mommy/Son participants via email only. If you do not have email or if you never check your email, please do not register for the Daddy/Daughter Mommy/Son dance. You are required to check your email weekly when you are a Daddy/Daughter Mommy/Son participant.
- Dance is difficult. It is a “team sport”. Everybody on stage depends on everyone else to put on a great show. Remember, the Daddy/Daughter Mommy/Son dance is an experience that will last a lifetime. Spending time at rehearsal and working through difficult situations with your daughter/son is as significant as performing the actual dance.
- All rehearsals are “Closed Rehearsals”, meaning Moms, friends and family may not watch the daddy daughter rehearsals.
All four rehearsals are required to learn the dance. We realize that many dads travel out of town on business. Unfortunately, we are unable to alter the rehearsal schedule to accommodate individual travel plans, illness, vacation etc.
How do I sign up for the Daddy/Daughter Mommy Son Dance?
Moms, Dads (stepfathers, grandfathers, and/or other significant men in the dancer’s lives) please enroll online through our online enrollment system. We are currently taking Daddy/Daughter registrations. Sign-ups will end in late April, and space is limited to ten couples per show. The cost to participate is $135. Registration is through our online portal.