SAFER STUDIO POLICY
Kick requires all staff and students to stay home when they are ill. In order to reduce community spread of Coronavirus, we follow best practices and recommendations from our local health department and from our industry association, More Than Just Great Dancing!® and Youth Protection Advocates in Dance. Kick understands that unlike older children and adults, young children cannot be expected to maintain social distancing at all times. Therefore Kick focuses on a hierarchy of measures beginning with keeping ill people home, followed by frequent hand cleaning and good hygiene practices, amplified cleaning, and curricular and facility adaptations to minimize contact and mingling where possible. All studio classes are backed up on an online learning platform. In the event a class is unable to be held at the studio classes will convert to an online learning platform until in-studio classes can resume.
Starting in September 2020, Kick will be a Tech Enabled studio!
All classes will be available both in person and on live stream!
Need to knows and reminders
- Please be on time and in dress code for your classes:) To access your child’s dance class schedule please click here. For dress code and our yearly studio calendar please click here
- Our waiting rooms are closed for the 20/21 season. Parents are not allowed in the building due to COVID. If you need shoes or dance wear our store is open, but we must limit the number of people in the store to two. The BEST time to pick up shoes and dancewear is this week 1-5!
- To find our which room your child’s class is located in you can: 1. Log in on Monday when our system is fully updates with classroom assignments, 2. check our instagram or FB 3. Look for signs outside Kick 4. Check for an email Monday! ALL CLASSES ARE IN KICK RUMSON FOR THE FALL!
- Kick is OPEN this week 1-5 every day for dance shoes, dance wear, studio tours, enrollment etc… This week is a great time to stop in -next week will be VERY busy with classes!!
- All dancers are required to bring their own mask and water. Masks should be worn anytime you are not dancing, including entering and exiting classes. If your dancer is comfortable wearing a mask while dancing, awesome! If your child has any medical, physical or emotional reasons not to wear a mask during class they can be taken off as long as physical distancing can be maintained. Staff is masked at all times. Dancers in multiple classes should bring their dance shoes in a small bag to carry class to class. Dressing room access is very limited.
- The studio floors are all marked for easy physical distancing:) Kick also uses a medical grade fogger to clean the studios.
- We are so excited about our tech enabled studios! Our indoor classes will all go live on KickTV on 9/28. KickTV can be used to take YOUR class at home, to attend a makeup class or for parent observation. (Note we are not live week one so our staff can fully focus on the dancers physically present) Outdoor classes will not be live streamed unless inclement weather. Access information for KickTV will be emailed late next week.
- Our focus is always on both the physical and mental well being of all our students. If you have any questions, please reach out – and know we will do the same:) Best ways to reach us email Vanessa@kickstudio.com, Text 732 693 4082 call 732 383 5301. And it goes without saying – if you child is ill please keep them home!
- We are super excited for Super Season 20! We will have our First Day signs ready for photos outside the studio! Please post and tag us @kick_dance_studios and #Kickseason20