The Daddy/Daughter dance is a wonderful opportunity for Dad to spend quality time with his daughter. Together they will learn a dance that they will perform during Kick’s May 21st showcase at Count Basie. Dancers must be three years of age by January 1st in order to participate in Daddy Daughter. New this year we will have 2 groups, one especially for our younger dancers ages 3-8 and one for ages 9 and up (or competition level kids on Premiere, Edge or Connections companies) To check out a video of a previous year’s dance, click here!
For the performance, older dancers will need a white dress and the dads will need a dark suit. Younger group will need a princess type dress with fitted shorts underneath and dads need a dark suit. (character dress up is perfect for the daughters!). Please read the following information very carefully before committing to the Daddy/Daughter Dance.
The non-refundable fee to participate is $159 (includes all rehearsals) This fee is non-refundable, so moms, make sure the dad actually knows about the dance, rehearsal dates and times and is fully committed before signing up. New this year we will have 2 groups – our younger group is for ages 3-8, and our older group is for ages 9 and up (or on Premiere, Connections or Edge team) .
- Dancers must be three years of age by January 1, 2023 in order to participate in the 3-8 year old this year’s Daddy/Daughter dance. Dancers must be 9 by January 1st 2023 or Premiere, Edge or Connections level team to be in the older group
- Siblings are welcome and encouraged!
- The Daddy/Daughter dance is great fun but it also involves lifting your daughter over your head, challenging choreography and several hours of rehearsals. If you have back problems or other physical conditions that prohibit you from lifting your daughter , please contact us before you sign up for the Daddy/Daughter dance.
- Rehearsals are as follows. All participants must attend all rehearsals. One absence is acceptable.
Rehearsals for Daddy Daughter are
- Friday May 12 5:30-6:30PM Older Group (if Dad cannot make it due to work just daughters are ok for older group for this rehearsal only) , 6:30-7:15 Younger group
- Saturday May 13 8-9:30AM Older Group, 9:30-10:30 Younger Group
- Saturday May 20th 9:15-10AM Older group 10-10:45AM Younger group
- The rehearsal schedule is subject to change. We try our hardest not to change the rehearsal schedule, but this is “showbiz” and circumstances beyond our control frequently cause schedule changes.
- We will communicate with Daddy/Daughter participants via email only. If you do not have email or if you never check your email, please do not register for the Daddy/Daughter dance. You are required to check your email weekly when you are a Daddy/Daughter participant.
- Dance is difficult. It is a “team sport”. Everybody on stage depends on everyone else to put on a great show. Remember, the Daddy/Daughter dance is an experience that will last a lifetime. Spending time at rehearsal and working through difficult situations with your daughter is as significant as performing the actual dance.
- All rehearsals are “Closed Rehearsals”, meaning friends and family may not watch the daddy daughter rehearsals.
All 3 rehearsals are required to learn the dance. Unfortunately, we are unable to alter the rehearsal schedule to accommodate individual travel plans, illness, vacation etc.
How do I sign up for the Daddy/Daughter Dance?
Moms, Dads (stepfathers, grandfathers, and/or other significant men in the dancer’s lives) please enroll online through our online enrollment system under special events. We are currently taking Daddy/Daughter registrations. Space is limited to 15 couples per group. The cost to participate is $159. Registration is through our online portal. Click the link below and choose Special Events to find the Daddy Daughter dance options.