The Daddy/Daughter dance is a wonderful opportunity for Dad to spend quality time with his daughter. Together they will learn a dance that they will perform during Kick’s May 21st concert. You can choose to be in the Rumson or the Fair Haven shows. Dancers must be three years of age by January 1st in order to participate in Daddy Daughter and five to participate in Mommy Daughter.
For the recital, dancers will need a white dress and the dads will need a dark suit. Communion, flower girl, or Confirmation dresses are perfect. Attire for Mommy Daughter is TBD. Please read the following information very carefully before committing to the Daddy/Daughter Dance or the Mommy Daughter dance.
The non-refundable fee to participate is $139 (includes all rehearsals) This fee is non-refundable, so moms, make sure the dad actually knows about the dance, rehearsal dates and times and is fully committed before signing up.
- Dancers must be three years of age by January 1, 2016 in order to participate in this year’s Daddy/Daughter dance or five to participate in the Mommy/Daughter dance. Siblings are welcome and encouraged! Moms and Dads can dance with up to 3 daughters
- The Daddy/Daughter dance is great fun but it also involves lifting your daughter over your head, challenging choreography and several hours of rehearsals. If you have back problems or other physical conditions that prohibit you from lifting your daughter , please contact us before you sign up for the Daddy/Daughter dance. There is no lifting in the Mommy Daughter dance
- Rehearsals are as follows. All participants must attend all rehearsals. One absence is acceptable.
Rehearsals for Mommy Daughter are
Sunday April 30th 11AM-12:30PM Rumson Studio
Monday May 8th 6:15 -7PM Count Basie Theater
Wednesday May 10th 6-7 PM Rumson Studio
Saturday May 20th 11-12PM Fair Haven Studio
Rehearsals for Rumson Daddy Daughter are
Sunday April 30th 10-11AM Rumson Studio
Tuesday May 9th 7-8PM Count Basie Theater
Wednesday May 10th 7-8PM Rumson Studio
Saturday May 20th 10-11:00AM Fair Haven Studio
- The rehearsal schedule is subject to change. We try our hardest not to change the rehearsal schedule, but this is “showbiz” and circumstances beyond our control frequently cause schedule changes.
- We will communicate with Daddy/Daughter Mommy/Daughter participants via email only. If you do not have email or if you never check your email, please do not register for the Daddy/Daughter Mommy/Daughter dance. You are required to check your email weekly when you are a Daddy/Daughter Mommy/Daughter participant.
- Dance is difficult. It is a “team sport”. Everybody on stage depends on everyone else to put on a great show. Remember, the Daddy/Daughter Mommy/Daughter dance is an experience that will last a lifetime. Spending time at rehearsal and working through difficult situations with your daughter is as significant as performing the actual dance.
- All rehearsals are “Closed Rehearsals”, meaning friends and family may not watch the daddy daughter rehearsals.
All four rehearsals are required to learn the dance. Unfortunately, we are unable to alter the rehearsal schedule to accommodate individual travel plans, illness, vacation etc.
How do I sign up for the Daddy/Daughter Mommy Daughter Dance?
Moms, Dads (stepfathers, grandfathers, and/or other significant men in the dancer’s lives) please enroll online through our online enrollment system. We are currently taking Daddy/Daughter and Mommy Daughter registrations. Space is limited to twelve couples per show. The cost to participate is $139. Registration is through our online portal. Click the link below and choose Special Events 2017 to find the Daddy Daughter and Mommy Daughter dance options.